Archives du blog

jeudi 24 décembre 2015

Facebook Ad for a Pirate EverQuest Server | The Ancient Gaming Noob

Or private server if you prefer.I am not sure which is technically more correct but when in doubt I always go with pirate in a headline when I have a choice.There is and has been for almost a decade a private EverQuest server community out there based on an open source EverQuest server emulator called EQEmu.I have no idea what SOE thinks of this.Certainly if this project were emulating World of Warcraft lawyers would have been involved almost right away.  And Sony itself is no stranger to litigation to protect its interests real and perceived so I find it interesting that these servers have been running for as long as they have been.But I have to imagine that part of the implied truce between the emulator community and SOE if such a thing can be said to exist is that the private server community keep a low profile.So I was a bit surprised to see this ad on Facebook.Okay it is just a Facebook ad and not say a billboard planted on the 805 at the Miramar Rd. exit.No not this at allBut it is an ad.  And it is no doubt a targeted ad set to display to those who have l comment pirater un compte facebook avec un mac iked EverQuest on Facebook.Certainly the Shards of Dalaya picked an opportune time and not on accident I am sure because right about now anybody who likes EverQuest sure isn t playing EverQuest at least not with SOE.And even Sony s legal department is probably tied up with more pressing issues.  There are a lot of government entities out there who are demanding answers from Sony right now.  They will be busy for months to come.So maybe this is a canny move by a private server to get a few more players.But that assumes that my theory about a need to keep a low profile is true.Does anybody know what SOE s stance is towards these servers the people who run them and those who choose to play on them?Share this:Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Like this:Like Loading...Related

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire